This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

BRE Pipeline Framework Component throws an Exception

Nov 12, 2013 at 11:03 AM
I try to use the BREPipelineFrameworkComponent to call a policy.
The "BREPipelineFrameworkComponent" is added to the validate stage (after the disassemble stage) in the receive pipeline.
I set the name of the policy "projectxy.test" to the property of the BREPipelineFrameworkComponent "ExecutionPolicy". The InstructionLoaderPolicy and ApplicationContext properties still empty.

Here an Image of the policy "projectxy.test"

Why do I get the following error?
Exception in the rule module instance that executes the policy "projectxy.test"
StackTrace:
by Microsoft.RuleEngine.Policy.ExecuteInternal(Object facts)
by Microsoft.RuleEngine.Policy.Execute(Object facts)
by Microsoft.RuleEngine.Policy.Execute(Object[] facts)
by BREPipelineFramework.PipelineComponents.BREPipelineFrameworkComponent.Execute(IPipelineContext pc, IBaseMessage inmsg)
Coordinator
Nov 14, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Hi Gabriel,

As discussed over email we will debug this together and once we've found the root cause of your issue will post the resolution here.

Cheers
Johann
May 25, 2014 at 12:20 PM
Hello Johan

Were you able to figure out the issue above?. I am also running into same issue and have spent good time debugging into it, but not able to find the root cause.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Coordinator
May 25, 2014 at 7:09 PM
Hi Akshata,

There is a bug in the current version of the framework whereby if no ApplicationContext is supplied then you will get a generic rules engine execution error like the below. Can you try setting an ApplicationContext against the pipeline and see if that resolves your issue? I have fixed this in v1.5 which is still work in progress, ApplicationContext will be truly optional now.

If that doesn't work then the best course of action would be to download the latest source code (or I could send you an installer) for v1.5 of the framework which is a few weeks away from being released (I am still ironing out a few bugs and implementing a few more features).

In v1.5 you no longer get generic exception messages if an exception was encountered in the rules engine, you instead get the outer and inner most exception messages which should give us a clue as to why you are having this problem.

Let me know what works for you. I am keen to get to the bottom of this error and fix it in v1.5 if it isn't already fixed.

Cheers
Johann

Marked as answer by jcooper1982 on 5/25/2014 at 9:13 PM
May 26, 2014 at 2:41 AM
Thanks Johan for quick response. Appreciate it. I will check that out today and get back to you.

Btw, Kudos on creating the framework.
May 26, 2014 at 2:54 AM
Thanks a bunch, that did work. As soon as i specify a value in ApplicationContext that worked!

Thanks again.
Coordinator
May 26, 2014 at 3:03 AM
Thanks a lot for confirming this Akshata. This has definitely been fixed in the next version and I will make sure to add some unit tests around this for regression testing purposes. Thanks for your patience.

Cheers
Johann
Coordinator
Jun 29, 2014 at 10:16 PM
This is fixed in v1.5 of the framework, give it a try.