Transformation Error in BizTalk 2013

Apr 20, 2015 at 4:43 PM
I'm encountering the following transformation error when executing the map through bre pipeline framework in BizTalk 2013 this works fine in BizTalk 2010.
exception details - Method not found: 'Microsoft.XLANGs.BaseTypes.ITransform Microsoft.XLANGs.BaseTypes.TransformBase.get_Transform()'
Coordinator
Apr 20, 2015 at 7:33 PM
Hi there,

Can you please advise what version of the framework you are on? Can you use the CAT instrumentation framework controller to collect pipeline component traces when you reproduce the error and provide those to me?

I wrote the transformation component such that it would be compatible with BizTalk 2010 and 2013, and am in the habit of running unit tests against both platforms, thus am a bit surprised at this problem. I'm also using the latest version of the framework on a BizTalk 2013 project with dynamic transformation, so once again a bit surprised.

Please share these details with me and I'll try to find out what's going wrong.

Cheers
Johann



Coordinator
Apr 21, 2015 at 3:59 AM
P.S. - I actually blogged about this exact issue before I fixed it - https://adventuresinsidethemessagebox.wordpress.com/2014/07/01/dynamic-transformation-classes-that-are-compatible-with-biztalk-2010-and-2013/.

I'm not sure if there is a specific version of the framework that still has the error, so if you can provide me with the details I asked for that would be especially helpful.

Cheers
Johann
Apr 22, 2015 at 3:14 PM
Johann, sorry for the delayed response I was using BRE Pipeline framework 1.5.5 on BizTalk 2013, I have ported my code from BizTalk 2010 to 2013 environment had this issue occurred randomly and was able to fix it successfully.
following are the scenarios in which I encountered the error :
  1. I missed adding the pipeline component to BizTalk pipeline components folder and fixed it to resolve the issue immediately
  2. secondly I was using 'Any' type generic transformation map and assembly has to be replace with BizTalk 2013 dll and the issue was fixed
    but the error was misleading in either cases.
Thanks for the link
Coordinator
Apr 22, 2015 at 5:02 PM
No worries, glad it's working. I'm surprised at the error message, I just re throw Microsofts exception if I remember right.