This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

RemoveElementByName

May 5, 2015 at 6:13 PM
Hi,

I am attempting to remove an element including its children nodes via RemoveElementByName vocabulary. The node is removed but its children remains. Is this an expected result?

Thanks,

--Heng
Coordinator
May 5, 2015 at 7:27 PM
Hi Heng,

The underlying method is actually provided by Microsoft so I'm not 100% sure of its limitations. Sounds like what you have experienced is definitely a limitation of the method.

Cheers
Johann

Coordinator
May 5, 2015 at 8:39 PM
Actually Hong, I'm sorry, I got this wrong. This isn't a Microsoft implementation but my own implementation. I will investigate this a bit more and get back to you, but it won't be until next week since I'm heavily committed in the evenings this week.

Cheers
Johann
May 6, 2015 at 6:45 PM
Edited May 6, 2015 at 8:17 PM
Hi, Johann

Thank you!

BTW, if there is a vocabulary, RemoveElementByXPath, would be even better. Its in my wish list.

Thanks,

--Heng
Coordinator
Jun 26, 2015 at 11:11 AM
Sorry, no RemoveElementByXPath yet, but there is now a vocabulary to remove an element and child elements by name in a streaming manner in v1.6.
Marked as answer by jcooper1982 on 6/26/2015 at 4:11 AM
Jul 1, 2015 at 3:18 PM
Johann,

Thank you for the fixing! It's a grate help.

--Heng
Coordinator
Jul 1, 2015 at 8:37 PM
You're very welcome, please let me know if this solution works for you when you get a chance to give it a try.

Cheers
Johann

Jul 7, 2015 at 3:28 PM
Johann,

I tested and worked, both parent and its child nodes are removed. I am using the new vocabulary, Remove all elements (and contained children) with a name of ....

Thanks again,

--Heng